Every Friday in Chelsea, open your heart, plug into your vocal power through the yoga of sound and unwind at the end of your working week. Kirtan (chanting) does for your insides what a yoga asana class does for your physical body. It is the perfect way to ‘drop the rock’ and distress from your working week. When we chant, we dissolve blockages and stress through the vibrations of the sound. You will leave feeling free, energized, uplifted and joyful for the weekend ahead.
Kirtan is a universal practice that belongs to everyone and is as relevant today as it originally was centuries ago. We will chant together in call and response accompanied by harmonium and drum. The overall experience is like a meditation with voice. You don’t have to sing – your voice is the instrument for you to connect to your inner power. Most importantly expect to have fun! Dress comfortably and bring water.
Nikki will be away leading the Kirtan retreat on Friday 1st June and she will also be away the following Friday 8th June. Gavin Frank will lead the Kirtan on these days.
Book through Triyoga (020 7483 3344) in advance or pay on the door.
Latecomers are welcome
Nikki is brilliant at communicating the power of sound and helping us understand that we have our own signature note.Gina Lazenby
When & where
372 King’s Road,
Triyoga Chelsea is located about thirty yards down the King’s Road from Bluebird Cafe. It has three beautiful, light yoga studios, three treatment rooms, an organic cafe, a juice bar, changing areas and a shop.
- Nearest tube stations: Fulham Broadway (19 minutes walk), Gloucester Road (20 minutes walk) + Sloane Square (21 minutes walk)
- Nearest overground station: West Brompton train station
- Buses: 11, 22, 49, 319, 345, 328, 19, 14, 211, 414
- Nearest Barclays cycle hire station: At the junction of King’s Road and Flood Street SW3. There are also cycle hire stations at Sloane Square Tube Station (in Sedding Street and Cadogan Square)
- Nearest cycle rack: At the junction of King’s Road and The Vale