Nikki Slade invites you to explore the joys of leading Kirtan (chanting) from the comfort and safety of your own home.
This 6 week introductory self-paced home study course is designed to help you to discover the chanting/kirtan leader within you. Nikki will provide an inspiring space for you to explore your Self as instrument of grace and devotion and she will empower you with all the basic tools you need to flavour what is involved in leading others into this heart-opening practice.
This is the first step as you learn how to lead Kirtan. This is a stand-alone Introductory Course but also the perfect bridge to help you to decide whether or not to proceed with Nikki’s highly respected Learn to Lead Kirtan Foundation Training in 2021.
This is a pre-recorded 6 module course which you can work through at your own pace although there are also 2 live Q&A sessions with Nikki Slade as outlined in the course information.
Here is a short clip from Pillar 6: Leadership Skills.
1. GROUNDING: Learn to ground your body to hold the Shakti.
2. VOCAL TECHNIQUE: Learn basic vocal technique
3. DEVOTION: Learn to trust yourself as a devotional instrument
4. MASTERY OF THE INNER CRITIC: How to deal with your inner critic
5. HARMONIUM SKILLS: Learn simple harmonium accompaniments and new chants
6. LEADERSHIP SKILLS: Learn to create the journey of Kirtan for others
Each of the 6 pillars includes –
– 30-40 minutes video tutorial recorded especially for you by Nikki (and Guest Teacher Katy Appleton of www.appleyoga.com for Pillar 1 – Grounding)
– Content-rich handout
– Downloadable Kirtan recording by Nikki to inspire and uplift you.
PLUS there will also be 2 LIVE ZOOM SESSIONS with Nikki where you can ask questions, receive direct guidance and support from her and join her for Kirtan.
PLUS you will have access to a private Facebook group for students of this course to connect with each other.
Here is a clip from Pillar 3: Devotion
Register now and on Friday 6 November you will receive an email from Nikki giving you access to the Course Homepage. Each Friday for the following 6 weeks you will be given access to a new module. You will also receive links to Live Kirtan and Q&A with Nikki via Zoom from 7-8.30 pm on Wednesday 25 November and Friday 18 December. Recordings of these will be posted in the Course Homepage after the sessions just in case you can’t make it.
You will have access to the Course Homepage until 1 March 2021.
DATES AND COST
- Starts Friday 6 November 2020
- Live Kirtan and Q&A with Nikki via Zoom from 7-8.30 pm on Wednesday 25 November and Friday 18 December. Recordings of these will be posted in the Course Homepage after the sessions just in case you can’t make it.
- Cost: £149 Vat Inc.
Please contact Course Manager Jenny Grainger at email@example.com with enquiries.
When & where
Starts Friday 6 November 2020 via the Course Homepage which you will receive a link for via email. By purchasing this course you agree not to share the materials with anyone else.